Academy Skills LibraryA range of business, personal and management skills courses exclusively for our delegates to access to complement the specialist skills covered on our courses .
Attendees on all our courses will be offered free unlimited access to nearly 400 self-paced online courses for up to 12 months after completion of their course.
Helping you to achieve your career and personal goals
Our own courses are aimed at inspiring you to build the specialist skills needed to be successful in the pharmaceutical industry. But there are a range of more general skills that will also be important to your success. Therefore, we have partnered with our Learning Management Systems (LMS) provider, TalentLMS, to offer all of our delegates access to their library of self-paced online learning courses. We have only reviewed a small sample of the courses – so we would welcome your feedback on the courses you try out. And you can dip in and out of these courses, trying out a whole collection or just one course. It is entirely up to you.
Delegates on 1 and 2 day courses will have access to the Library for 3 months once they complete the Delegate Feedback form and this is increased to 6 months if they leave a course review on our public reviews.io site.
Delegates on 3 and 5 day courses will have access to the Library for 6 months once they complete the Delegate Feedback form and this is increased to 12 months if they leave a course review on our public reviews.io site.
Delegates who complete an online course and leave a course review on our public reviews.io site will have access to the Library for 3 months if the course is from our GMP and GDP course range or for 12 months if they have completed a QP/Pharma course.
The key features are:
Courses are no longer than 15 minutes
Each course is made up of mini-lessons between 2-3 minutes each. Making information easily digestible reduces cognitive load so you are more likely to complete your training, enjoy it, and use it at work.
Stories that make learning stick
Stories are one of the best ways to remember information. So, every course is built around a story. They are generic courses and are not pharmaceutical specific.
Written & reviewed by experts
Each topic is heavily researched using the most up-to-date information from subject matter experts. Senior instructional designers review every course to ensure that the intended skills and knowledge are transferred.
Fun and addictive characters
10 animated characters assume a variety of roles (think superheroes, celebrity cameos, and the cast of TV’s best-known “Friends” series) to take the boredom out of training.
Business Continuity Essentials - 5 courses
Unexpected events can happen at any time. And in order for you and/or your teams to be able to keep functioning, you need to grasp the concept of business continuity. Business continuity is the concept of being prepared in advance for adverse circumstances, so that your business will have the means and ability to keep going.
- Introduction to Business Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Developing a Contingency Plan
- Managing Business Resilience
- Dealing With Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- The Incident Manager’s Tool Kit
Business Innovation - 10 courses
The business world is evolving. If you want your organization to not just survive but thrive in these changing times, then you and/or your team needs to develop business innovation skills through training that will help them keep up.
- The 7 Skills of Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Critical Observation
- Being Adaptable
- Driving Innovation
- Thinking Logically
- Dealing with Uncertainty
- Being Resourceful
- The Power of Analysis
Coaching Essentials - 10 courses
To create a coaching culture, managers and supervisors need to develop soft skills like mentoring, communication, active listening, and problem-solving. This collection looks at how to develop and implement these skills, empowering you and your team to help employees reach their fullest potential.
- Introduction to Coaching
- Using Coaching Models
- Establishing a Coaching Culture
- Building Trust & Rapport
- Asking the Right Questions
- The Art of Listening
- The Power of Silence
- The Importance of Goal Setting
- Creating Accountability
- Giving Effective Feedback
Data Analysis - 9 courses
In the modern world, data is considered more valuable than gold. Information is power. So, using data to improve your business is essential. And to do that right, you and/or your employees need to know how to analyze, interpret, and present data right.
- Data Literacy
- The Power of Big Data
- Visualizing Data
- Data Ownership
- The 5 Cs of Report Writing
- Developing Research Skills
- The Basics of Business Writing
- The Stages of Report Writing
- Report Writing: The Power of Visuals
Digital Transformation - 10 courses
It’s a fast-paced world. And, if you want your business to thrive, you and you and/or your teams need to keep up with the technological advancements around you. This is where digital transformation comes in. Digital transformation is the process of adopting digital technology and transforming the business’s services and processes. But to be able to do that, you need to know how digital transformation is different from change, and how a digital transformation strategy works.
- What is Digital Transformation?
- Why do you Need a Digital Culture?
- The Four Types of Digital Transformation
- Digital Disruption
- The Design Thinking Mindset
- What is a Digital Transformation Strategy?
- The Power of Data Visualization
- The Impact of Training on Digital Change
- Leading a Digital Transformation
- Is Digital Transformation Just Change?
Finance Essentials - 10 courses
Understanding finance basics like financial planning and budgeting is a fundamental part of running a successful business — large or small. Without finance training, your company’s balance sheet can quickly become out of order and your business unsustainable.
This collection of 10 online courses is a complete, basic finance training program, that will teach you and/or your team the basics of financial management, how money flows, why cash flow is important, and how to create and stick to a budget.
- The Basics of Financial Management
- The Flow of Money
- Key Financial Statements
- The Importance of Cash Flow
- The Value of Budgeting
- Vulnerable Customers & Finance
- Financial Risk Management
- The Basics of Accounting
- Financial Ratios
- Financial KPIs – Measuring Performance
Marketing Essentials - 10 courses
Marketing is no longer as simple as putting up a billboard or buying ads in the phone book. Times have changed, which means that the definition of “marketing essentials” is not as simple as it used to be and your strategy needs to keep up. This collection of marketing courses will help you and your team navigate the digital marketing playing field.
- Your Shop Window – Your Website
- Do Your Research (Brand & Product)
- Know Your Customers
- The Power of Social Media
- Curating the Right Content
- The Role of Partnerships
- Brand Ambassadors
- The Power of Networking
- Show Don’t Tell
- Introduction to Marketing Automation
Marketing Skills Applied - 10 courses
In this collection of courses you and your marketing teams will step into the world of marketing strategies, campaigns, and digital marketing practices. They will learn how to develop a marketing strategy, get familiar with digital optimization, and understand the fundamentals of viral marketing. You will also learn about concepts such as SEO & PPC, content marketing, email marketing, and more.
- Developing your Marketing Strategy
- Planning Campaigns
- SEO & PPC
- Digital Marketing: LinkedIn & Social Media
- Customer Insights & Analysis
- Digital Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Influencer and Affiliate Marketing
- Viral Marketing
Marketing Skills Mastery - 10 courses
You and your marketing teams have a good grasp of the basics of marketing. You probably already know the basics about marketing strategies, too. But a successful marketing team needs more than the basics. Now it’s time to dive into the world of campaign management and content marketing.
- The Marketing Funnel – From the Top to the Bottom
- The Power of Pillar Pages
- Campaign Management
- Inbound vs. Outbound Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Content Management Systems
- Content Communities
- AI-Powered Copy
- The Power of User-Generated Content
- The Different Content Marketing Strategies
Mindfulness - 10 courses
In this fast-paced business world, it’s important to remember that you and/or your team members need to be calm and focused. This way, they can balance their workload better and remain happier and less stressed. The best way to help your employees achieve that, is through mindfulness.
- Relaxation through Meditation
- Learning to Let Go
- Breathing Techniques to Relax
- Learning to Stay Calm
- Living in the Moment
- Raising Low Self-Esteem
- Dealing with Grief
- Stress, Fear & Panic
- Feeling Lonely
Project Management Applied
This advanced project management collection explores the different project methodologies you can choose for your project needs. It lays out the fundamentals of activity and resource planning, shows your project managers how to develop a budget, and how to monitor the project’s progress – all while managing project risk.
- Project Management Methodologies 1
- Project Management Methodologies 2
- Activity & Resource Planning
- Organizing & Motivating a Team
- Time Management in Projects
- Developing a Budget (Cost Estimating)
- Ensuring Customer Satisfaction
- Managing Project Risk
- Monitoring Progress
- Producing Reports
Project Management Essentials - 5 courses
What is work if not an endless string of projects? Whether you work alone or with a team, tasks are rarely ever completed in a single step, which means that project management training is essential if you want to get work done successfully and efficiently.
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project
- Executing a Project
- Monitoring a Project
- Closing a Project
Project Management Mastery - 5 courses
A large part of a project’s success relies on the ability to use the right project management methodology. So, when it comes to your project management executives, it’s vital for you and them to have an overview of the most popular methodologies, and to know which one to choose according to the project’s needs.
- Agile in Practice
- Kanban in Practice
- Scrum in Practice
- Waterfall in Practice
- Choosing the Right Project Methodology
Teamwork - 14 courses
This teamwork training program covers the essential skills we all need for successfully working together. From setting common goals to communicating openly and building trust and respect, this essential collection will get all your teams thinking in new ways about teamwork and team-building training.
- The Power of Teamworking
- Setting Common Goals
- Celebrating Differences & Diversity
- Building Trust & Respect
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Communicating Openly
- Encouraging Different Opinions
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities
- Celebrating Success
- What is a Millennial
- Communicating with a Millennial
- Millennials and Technology
- Training Millennials
Customer Service Skills
Customer Service Essentials - 10 courses
Most businesses today have competition. Customers are spoiled for choice and can pick and choose based on a number of factors. So, how do you stand out from the crowd and get more eyes (and hearts) on you? The answer is customer service. And this Customer Service Collection is made up of 10 foundational courses to get your teams thinking about what customer service is, why it’s so important, and how you can provide better and more consistent service across your company.
- Maintaining CS Across Channels
- The Importance of Brand
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Loyalty
- Effective Problem Solving
- Handling Complaints Gracefully
- Cross-selling and Up-selling
- Managing Customer Expectations
- Going beyond Customer Service
Customer Service In Practice - 5 courses
No matter what your business makes or sells, providing a pleasant customer service experience is one of the most important parts of keeping clients around. And that means that you and/or your employees need to be properly trained to handle even the most difficult situations.
- Using the Right Language
- Nurturing Customer Relationships
- Practicing Positivity
- Achieving Clarity
- Maintaining Composure
Customer Service Mastery - 10 courses
Customer service lies at the heart of every business. If you want to maintain a good relationship with customers, you need to keep them happy. And the best way to do that is through good customer service.
- Understanding Customer Types (Personas)
- Anticipating Customers’ Needs
- Customer Service Coaching
- Managing Remote Customer Service Teams
- Customer Service through Social Media
- High-Touch Customer Service
- Self-Service Customer Management
- Empowering Customer Service
- Tracking & Improving the Customer Experience
- Customer Service is not a Cost Center
Diversity & Inclusion - 10 courses
As the importance of diversity and inclusion is becoming clearer by the day, it’s crucial to understand why diversity and inclusion practices in the workplace are vital, and how they can positively impact everyone. Please note – USA orientation.
- The Key Values of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Unconscious Bias
- Recognizing Your Privilege
- Gender Inclusion
- LGBT Awareness and Inclusion
- Types of Discrimination
- Digital Accessibility
- Confronting Discrimination
- Becoming an Inclusive Leader
- The Value of Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Employee Termination - 5 courses
Letting an employee go is never an easy matter. It’s a delicate situation that requires empathy and careful handling. Not only your HR staff but also you and/or your managers need to know how to best handle these situations. This course collection will help understand how to do that.
- Having Tough Conversations
- Implementing a Performance Plan
- The Correct Way to Dismiss an Employee
- Disclosure of Dismissals
- Effective Exit Meetings
HR Essentials - 9 courses
This collection works as an HR training program that contains valuable information not only for those who work in human resources, but also for managers, leaders, and people involved in hiring and employee.
- The Importance of Training
- Adapting to Innovation
- Performance Management
- Handling Disciplinaries
- Talent Management & Development
- Bullying & Violence
- Employee Engagement
- Flexible & Remote Working
- HR for Non-HR Managers
Hybrid Working - 5 courses
You’re probably already familiar with remote working, but what about hybrid working? Hybrid working combines on-site and remote working, taking the best of both worlds. Hybrid working is often a much-favoured option for employees. But how can you make the hybrid working model work for you and/or your company?
- What is Hybrid Working?
- Hybrid Working: The Role of Leadership
- Managing Employee Experiences
- Inclusive Environment for the Hybrid Workforce
- The Perfect Hybrid Working Policy
Learning Essentials - 10 courses
Shakespeare believed that life is a stage, and we are all actors. Taylor Swift argues that “life is just a classroom.” Sometimes we are learners, other times teachers. This collection of courses covers the essentials of learning so that we can all be more effective trainers.
- The Psychology of Learning
- Learning Styles
- The Power of Micro-Learning
- Defining Learning Objectives
- Learning ROI
- Learning Culture in the Workplace
- Learning & Employee Engagement
- Promoting Social Learning
- Growth Mindset
- Removing the Barriers to Learning
Nurturing Talent - 5 courses
You want your most trusted employees to stay with your company. But in order to do that, you have to invest in your people and help them grow. The Nurturing Talent collection will help you and your managers understand how to help your employees grow, so that both you and your teams remain happy.
- Encouraging Employee Stretch
- Don’t Avoid Low Performance
- Identifying Employees’ Personal Goals
- Fostering Peak Performance
- Learning to Let your Best People Leave
Recruitment Essentials - 5 courses
Recruitment can be challenging for both employees and employers. With recruitment training, you and/or your team can learn how to interview, hire, or onboard candidates. Both personal development and company growth take time and effort, though. With these online recruitment courses, you can minimize the number of mistakes along the way and shorten the time it takes to reach your target.
- Interview Skills
- First Impressions
- Career Planning
- Hiring Right, First Time
- Importance of Onboarding
Work Ethic - 10 courses
In order to thrive at work, you and/or your employees need to develop the skills that will make you/them more determined to reach their business goals. In other words, one need a strong work ethic.
- Being Punctual
- Meeting Deadlines
- Multi-tasking & Being Organized
- Time Management
- Working Under Pressure
- Persistence & Resilience
- Avoiding Distractions
- Staying Motivated
- The Importance of Planning
Adaptive Leadership - 5 courses
In times when change is a constant, all businesses need adaptive leadership in order to survive. Business leaders and managers need to go beyond solving problems when they appear: they need to anticipate issues before they arise. Adaptive leaders are able to adjust to changes and cultural shifts, helping the business adjust, too.
- What is Adaptive Leadership?
- Using Authority & Power (Taking Chances)
- Overcoming Resistance to Shared Responsibility
- Learning through Self-Correction
- Building a Culture of Adaptability
Communication Skills - 10 courses
There are many skills you and/or your employees can take advantage of to improve themselves and your company – from the specific hard skills they need in their department, to soft skills that can help everyone. But if there is one skill that stands out from all the rest, that is communication.
- Communicating under Stress
- Using Body Language
- Interpreting Body Language
- Tone of Voice
- The Art of Storytelling
- Assertive Communication
- Managing Anger
- Emotional Literacy
- Managing Up
- Email Etiquette
Entrepreneurship - 10 courses
The greatest business success comes down to the entrepreneurial mindset. Entrepreneurship is the power that fires up your business engine. So, if you want your venture to succeed, you need to know how to get into the entrepreneurial mindset.
- The Five Ps
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Being Curious
- The Power of Imagination
- Being Self-Aware
- Building Relationships & Networking
- The Power of Influence
- Taking Calculated Risks
- Being Prepared to Fail
- Turning Ideas into Action
Leadership Essentials - 10 courses
This collection of online leadership training courses will teach you and/or your team about the four different types of leaders, and what qualities and soft skills they should possess. From confidence to humility, and delegation to decision making, this leadership and management training program covers the traits that separate average leaders from great ones. It also covers emotional and cultural intelligence, and how different workplace scenarios require different kinds of leadership.
- The Four Types of Leader
- Delegation and Empowerment
- Emotional & Cultural Intelligence
- Being Authentic
- Inspiring Others
- Taking Accountability
- Making Decisions
- Being Confident
- Being Brave
Leadership Role Model - 10 courses
Leadership can be complicated, and it requires practice and dedication. This collection of courses focuses on leadership, management, and emotional intelligence skills. You’ll learn how to lead with respect, empathy, and positive energy. You’ll also learn to recognize when to be patient, when to use humour, and when to admit you’re wrong.
- Using Humour
- The Power of Patience
- Recognizing & Rewarding Others
- Leading with Empathy
- Knowing when you’re wrong
- A Healthy Manager is a Good Manager
- Being Positive
- Leading with Commitment
- Leading with Respect
- Leading with Energy
Leadership Tool Kit - 10 courses
There are managers, and then there are leaders. But excellent leaders aren’t created overnight. It takes time to learn and master skills like communication, emotional intelligence, critical thinking, and mentoring. This collection of courses lays out the foundation of building and strengthening these skills.
- Managers vs. Leaders
- Conflict Management
- Effective Meetings
- Motivating Others
- Promoting Talent
- Leading by Example
- Facilitating Results
- Making Deals
- Leading Remote Teams
- Managing Change
Remote Leadership - 5 courses
Remote work comes with many benefits for everyone. But it also creates challenges – not only for your teams, but also for their managers. Team leaders need to learn how to manage their teams effectively from a distance: how do you set goals remotely? What’s the best way to communicate with employees when you don’t see them every day?
- The Remote Leadership Model
- Building Trust at a Distance
- Remote Goal Setting
- Engaging Remote Workers
- Remote Team Communication
Situational Leadership - 5 courses
In order for managers to be great leaders, they need to take into account that every employee is different. Each employee has different needs and aspirations, and the managers will need to adjust their style to each member of their team. Situational leadership helps managers to pick the right style for every team member.
- Situational Leadership – Telling Leaders
- Situational Leadership – Selling Leaders
- Situational Leadership – Participating Leaders
- Situational Leadership – Delegating Leaders
- Practicing Situational Leadership
Safety Leadership - 5 courses
All employers are responsible for maintaining a safe environment for their staff. But safety doesn’t only consist of the actual measures that are in place. It’s equally important to create a safety culture. And that’s where safety leadership comes in.
- What is Safety Leadership?
- What is Behavioral Safety?
- Building a Proactive Safety Culture
- Understanding H&S Responsibilities
- The Consequences of poor H&S practices
Career Management - 10 courses
In order for you and/or your business to flourish, you want you and/or your employees to be able to take advantage of their abilities and reach their full potential. The Career Management collection will help just that.
- Unlocking Your Potential
- Setting your Career Goals
- Discovering Your Strengths & Weaknesses
- The Importance of a Mentor
- Your Personal Brand Story
- Internal Interview Preparation
- Working Smart
- Personal Development Plans & Sticking to Them
- Setting Stretch Goals
Emotional Intelligence - 10 courses
Emotional intelligence is more than just a popular term used on the internet. It’s an important set of skills that helps us recognize and manage emotions – not just in ourselves, but also in others. Luckily, you and/or your employees can learn about emotional intelligence and how to develop it.
- What is EQ?
- Self Awareness
- Self Regulation
- Emotional Intelligence: Motivation
- Emotional Intelligence: Empathy
- Social Skills
- Improving your EQ
- Conflict Management using EQ
- Collaboration & Developing EQ in Teams
- Creativity and EQ
Mastering Happiness - 5 courses
Having happy staff is important – both for you and for your business. Everyone knows that a happy team at work is more engaged, and often more productive. When employees are happy they collaborate better, reach their individual professional goals, and feel more satisfied with their job. This collection will help everyone understand how to be happier.
- Finding your Purpose & Passion
- Finding Happiness Within Yourself
- Self-Limiting Beliefs
- Changing Negative Habits
- The Power of Self-Reflection
Networking - 10 courses
In any job, having the ability to network is vital. The good news is that networking is a skill like any other, and that means you can train and become better at it! This collection will help everyone understand how to prepare for and get better at networking.
- What is Networking?
- Key Traits of a Successful Networker
- Common Networking Pitfalls
- Preparing to Network (Research & Prep)
- Overcoming Shyness
- Your Personal Elevator Pitch
- Approaching People & Introductions
- Carrying & Ending a Conversation
- Following up with your Connections
- Virtual Networking
Online Social Presence - 5 courses
Social media platforms are so widely used, that most people have at least one account nowadays. But social media isn’t only for personal use anymore. People can use it for networking purposes and for them and their business to connect with their audience and advertise. Whatever your goal, you and your employees need to know how to use social media in order to gain the most out of it.
- The Right way to use Social Media
- Building your Personal Brand
- LinkedIn – Using your Best Profile to Promote your Business
- LinkedIn & Social Media Networking
- Social Media – Hints & Tips (on What to Avoid)
Personal Finances - 5 courses
In this fast-paced and economically uncertain time, it’s more important than ever for everyone to have a better understanding and control over their financial issues. Everyone should know personal finance, from good budget management to thinking about investments. This is what this collection aims to help with.
- Good Money Habits: Personal Budget Management
- Setting Financial Goals
- Tackling Debt
- Learning to Save
- The Importance of Pensions
Presentations are a very important part of the business world. Whether internal, aiming to make a point to shareholders or co-workers, or a sales presentation for prospects, this is a very common part of everyday work life. But it still causes many people to feel stressed and worried about pulling it off. The good news is that there are steps everyone can take to create a successful and memorable presentation.
- Presentations & The Magic of Stories
- What makes a good Presentation?
- Presenting with Power: Hints & Tips
- Structuring your Presentations
- Setting up for Successful Presentations
- Dealing with Nerves
- Using Positive Visualization
- Power Posing
- The Art of Breathing
- Becoming a Master Orator
Risk & Uncertainty - 5 courses
In every choice you make, there is always some degree of uncertainty. But that shouldn’t stop you from taking risks. Risk-taking can lead to great rewards, as long as you understand how to manage your decisions better.
- Embracing Risk & Uncertainty
- Risk & Decision-Making
- Managing your own Decisions
- Obstacles to Decision-Making
- The Reward of Taking Risks
Well-being Essentials - 10 courses
Maintaining your well-being is crucial for living a healthy, balanced life. It’s also key to staying productive at work. The online well-being courses in this collection offer practical tips and methods so that we can actually follow these words of advice we keep hearing.
- Eating Healthily
- Understanding Emotions
- The Importance of Sleep
- Work / Life Balance
- The Importance of Exercise
- Dealing with Stress
- Wellbeing & Productivity
- Kicking Bad Habits
- The Dangers of Sitting Down!
- Promoting Health & Wellbeing at Work
Sales Skills Essentials - 10 courses
This sales training program is made up of 10 tried and tested sales courses that can be completed in 2.5 hours.
Ideal for you or anyone on your team who is starting a career in sales or marketing and needs to quickly build essential sales skills. The collection can also be used as a refresher for those who may be stuck in a rut and need a reminder of what techniques and strategies are available.
- Sales Listening Skills
- Creating your Pipeline
- Managing your Pipeline
- The Sales Pitch
- Effective Presentations
- Selling the Proposed Solution
- Building Benefits
- Keeping Prospects Engaged
- Closing Difficult Deals
- Importance of Sharing Sales Feedback
Sales Skills In Practice - 5 courses
This collection of courses covers sales topics like reaching and prioritizing prospects, building rapport, and obtaining commitment from leads. They will also help improve important skills like communication, questioning, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and productivity.
- Researching Your Prospect
- How to Build Rapport
- Questioning Skills
- Prioritizing Prospects
- Obtaining Commitment
Sales Mastery - 16 courses
Sales plays a crucial role in the success of a business. But although skills like listening and managing your pipeline are important, sales skills go far beyond the basics. You and/or your team need to expand their knowledge and understand sales concepts in depth. And the Sales Mastery collection is going to help you do that.
- Shortening your Sales Cycle
- Sales Strategies – The Power of Resellers
- Sales Methodologies
- Understand why Deals are Lost
- How to sell ethically
- Emotional Intelligence for Sales Success
- Virtual Selling
- Mastering Cold Calling
- Dealing with Sales Fear
- Resilience in Sales
- Mastering Cold Emailing
- Value-Based Selling
- Reducing Sales Friction
- Automating Sales Processes
- Designing your Sales Dashboard
- Cross-Selling, Upselling & Account Growth
Find out more about …
Pharma News and Articles
Read our articles on Pharma regulatory developments as well as news about our Pharma training courses.
Find your way quickly to any part of our website by selecting any of the links in this section:
Our Public Course range
Most of our public courses are currently being delivered using our proven 'live online interactive' courseware enabling you to attend the course from your home or workplace and be heard and seen throughout, just as you would be if we were in a room together. In 2022 we will also begin to offer some traditional classroom courses - see details on each course page.
Click on course name for full course details and dates:
Online courses available anytime anywhere
Each course typically consists of 10-20 minute chapters of content followed by a quiz based assessment. The QP courses feature tutor assessment too. The learning is accessed over the internet using desktop computers, laptops, tablets and even smartphones.